Knowing what time your local Lowes store closes is important for many reasons. Perhaps you’re in the middle of a project and need that one last item to finish it off, or maybe you’re just planning your day and want to make sure you have enough time to get everything done. Regardless of the reason, it’s good to know when your local store is open.
So, What Time Does Lowes Close-Open? Well, let’s find out!
- What Is Lowes?
- The History Of Lowes
- What Time Does Lowes Close-Open? – Operating Hours
- Which Holidays Are They Open?
- Which Holidays Are They Closed?
- How To Find Your Local Store?
- Handy Tips For Shopping At Lowes
- Ways To Save Money At Lowes
- Do You Love Shopping At Lowe’s?
- What Time Does Lowes Close-Open? – Final Thoughts
What Is Lowes?
Lowes is a home improvement and construction supplies retailer with locations all across the United States. They sell everything from appliances to building materials to paint and more. They’re a one-stop shop for everything you need to complete your next home project.
The History Of Lowes
Lowes was founded in 1921 by Lucious Lowe and his wife. The couple started the company as a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, North Carolina.
From the very beginning, the store was committed to providing quality products and exceptional customer service. In fact, Lucious Lowe is credited with inventing the modern-day home improvement center. He was the first retailer to offer customers a complete selection of hardware, lumber, and building materials all under one roof.
The Company stays in the Family
When Lowe passed away in 1940, his daughter, Ruth Buchan, took over the company. She went on to sell the company to her brother-in-law, Jim Lowe.
He took his brother-in-law Carl Buchan on as a partner in the business in 1943, and by 1952 Buchan had become the sole owner of the hardware store. It was during this time that the store began to grow rapidly, opening new stores across the country. Buchan continued to lead the company until he died in 1960.
Lowes’s begins trading publicly…
In 1961 Lowes was taken public and began to trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol LOW. By this time, they operated 21 stores in 10 states across the southeastern United States.
The company continued to grow throughout the 1960s and 1970s, opening new stores and expanding into new markets. By 1979 they operated 100 stores in 20 states. This trajectory continued through the 80s and 90s, and the store eventually became the second largest home improvement retailer in the United States.
And how about today?
Today, Lowes is a publicly traded company with over 2,000 stores across the United States and Canada. They employ over 290,000 people and generate billions of dollars in annual revenue.
What Time Does Lowes Close-Open? – Operating Hours
The weekday hours for the hardware store are typically 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. However, hours may vary by location and season. For example, stores in some areas may stay open until midnight during the summer months to accommodate customers who are working on outdoor projects. It’s always best to call your local store to confirm the hours before heading out.
On weekends, Lowes stores are open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm on Saturdays and from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on Sundays. Again, hours may vary by location and season, so double-check with your local store before heading out.
Which Holidays Are They Open?
The hardware store is open on most major holidays; however, hours may be reduced on holidays such as Christmas Eve.
Holidays they are open for include:
- New Year’s Day – 1st of January
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – 3rd Monday of January
- Easter Monday – April
- Memorial Day – Last Monday of May
- Independence Day – 4th of July
- Labor Day – 1st Monday of September
- Columbus Day – 2nd Monday of October
- Christmas Eve – December 24th
- New Year’s Eve – December 31st
Which Holidays Are They Closed?
Even employees need some time off with their families, especially on Christmas day!
The store is closed on:
- Easter Sunday – April
- Thanksgiving Day – 4th Thursday of November
- Christmas Day – 25th of December
If your local store is located in a mall, then most likely, it will adhere to the mall’s hours. Typically, malls are open from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday through Saturday and from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm on Sundays. But this varies from mall to mall, so it’s always best to call ahead and confirm the hours before heading out.
What To Do If It Is Closed?
If you need something from Lowes and the store is closed, there are a few options.
- Look for a store with extended opening hours. Some stores are open until midnight, so if you are doing some late-night DIY, you may be in luck.
- Go online. The Lowes website is open 24/7, and you can order everything from lumber to light fixtures and have it delivered to your doorstep. They also offer free shipping on orders over $45.
- Check out a local independent hardware store. If you need something in a pinch, most hardware stores will have what you need.
How To Find Your Local Store?
To find your local store, simply go to the website and enter your zip code into the store locator tool. This will bring up a list of all the stores in your area, along with their address, phone number, and hours of operation.
Customer Support Information
If you need to contact customer support, you can reach them by phone at 1-800-445-6937 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also live chat with a customer service representative by going to the Lowes website and clicking on the “live chat” icon. Representatives are available 24/7.
Handy Tips For Shopping At Lowes
- Make sure to measure twice and cut once! This will save you time and money in the long run.
- Check out the Lowes website for tips and ideas on projects you can do around your home. They have step-by-step instructions and video tutorials to help you every step of the way.
- Don’t be scared to ask for help! The staff are always happy to help you find what you need or answer any questions you have.
- Always keep your receipts! You can return or exchange items within 90 days as long as you have the receipt.
- If an item is out of stock, you can order it online and have it shipped to your local store for free.
- Be aware of the return policy before you make your purchase. Some items, like tools and paint, can only be returned if they are unopened.
- Keep an eye out for the Lowes truck! It’s always filled with great deals on everything from plants to power tools.
Ways To Save Money At Lowes
- Sign up for a Lowes credit card to get 5% off every purchase.
- Bring in a competitor’s ad, and the store will match the price! So, you will always get the best deal!
- Sign up for text alerts to get coupons and promo codes sent to your phone.
- Shop during holiday sales for substantial savings on everything from appliances to power tools.
- Check out the clearance section for deep discounts on overstocked items.
- Install the app to get mobile coupons and access your digital receipts.
- Visit the website to sign up for the newsletter to get exclusive offers and coupons delivered to your inbox.
- Follow Lowes on social media for tips, tricks, and exclusive deals.
- Visit the website to find out about special financing offers. You can finance your purchase with no interest for 12 months with a qualifying credit score.
- Join the Lowes Garden Club for exclusive coupons and tips on gardening and landscaping.
With these tips, you will be sure to save big the next time you shop at Lowes!
Do You Love Shopping At Lowe’s?
Well then, why not work there too? Retail work is a great way to start your career, so check out our in-depth Lowes Mission And Vision Statement Analysis to learn more about the company, or perhaps, How Old Do You Have To Be To Work At Lowes if you’re still a bit on the young side!
Once you’ve had a read, it’s time to take a look at our guide to the Lowes Application, along with Does Lowes Hire Felons, if you have a criminal record, and alternatively, you might also consider the Ace Hardware Application and the Orchard Supply Hardware Application in 2023.
Home Depot could be another great option for you using our guide to the Home Depot Application as well as my most frequently asked Home Depot Interview Questions; plus, you’ll also want to check out How Much Does Home Depot Pay and what the Home Depot Dress Code is before your first day!
What Time Does Lowes Close-Open? – Final Thoughts
So, if you are ever asked, what time does Lowes open? You will now be able to tell them! Their hours are typically from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm but may vary by location and mall hours. With extended hours, online shopping, and customer support, you can shop at Lowes anytime, anywhere! And don’t forget to take advantage of all the ways to save money!
With a little planning, you can complete all your home improvement projects without breaking the bank.
Happy shopping at Lowes for your DIY needs!