If you have ever been in mid-creative flow only to realize that the Michaels store near you is closing soon, you know the feeling of frustration. If you are running out of supplies, it can really disrupt the process! That’s why I decide to compile all the information you need to know about Michaels store hours and holiday closures.
So next time you ask yourself… What Time Does Michaels Close-Open? You’ll be able to find the answer quickly and easily.
- What Is Michaels?
- What Time Does Michaels Close-Open? – Store Hours
- How to Find Your Local Store?
- Customer Support Information
- What To Do If It Is Closed?
- How To Make Your Own Paints From Household Supplies
- Tips On Shopping At Michaels
- Arts And Crafts Store Retail Jobs!
- What Time Does Michaels Close-Open? – Final Thoughts
What Is Michaels?
Michaels is an arts and crafts retail chain with more than 1200 stores across North America. The company offers a wide variety of products for artists, crafters, and hobbyists of all ages and experience levels. It is a one-stop shop for all your crafting needs, whether you are looking for painting supplies, sculpting materials, or fabric for a sewing project.
The History of Michaels
The craft store was founded in Dallas, Texas, in 1973 by Michael J. Dupey. The company was originally called Michael’s Arts and Crafts, but the name was shortened to Michaels in 1984.
The company went public in 1984 and expanded rapidly throughout the 1980s and 1990s. In 2006, it was acquired by Bain Capital and taken private. It is now the largest arts and crafts retailer in North America. As of 2021, the company was worth 4.6 billion dollars.
What Time Does Michaels Close-Open? – Store Hours
Unsurprisingly the arts and craft giant are open for extended hours during the week to allow for creativity after school and work.
Michaels store hours are:
- Monday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
On the weekends, Michaels is still open, although, on Sundays, these hours are reduced.
- Saturday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
The store is closed on the following holidays:
- Easter Sunday
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
However, they are open on these holidays:
- New Year’s Day (1st Jan)
- Martin Luther King Day (3rd Monday in Jan)
- Presidents Day (3rd Monday in Feb)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (4th of July)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in Sept)
- Columbus Day (2nd Monday in Oct)
- Veterans Day (11th Nov)
- Christmas Eve (24th Dec, closing at 6 pm)
How to Find Your Local Store?
If you want to find the Michaels store closest to you, there are a few options.
- Firstly, you can use the store locator on their website. Simply enter your zip code or city and state, and it will give you a list of nearby stores.
- Secondly, you can check the weekly ad for your area. This will have a list of all the stores in your area and their current hours of operation.
- Another option is to check the phone book. This may be a bit old-fashioned, but it can still be effective.
- A less old-fashioned way is to check google maps! Just type in “Michaels” and it will show you all the locations in your area.
Customer Support Information
If you need to contact customer support, there are a few options. You can call 1-800-MICHAELS (1-800-642-4235). You can also chat with them on their website by clicking the “chat” button. Finally, you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What To Do If It Is Closed?
If you find yourself in need of arts and craft supplies outside of store hours, there are a few options.
- Firstly, check if there is any store open that has extended hours, as some stores will have different closing times.
- Secondly, you can shop online at Michaels.com. They offer a wide range of products that can be delivered to your door.
- Try visiting a local independent arts and crafts store. These stores often have more flexible hours than big chains.
- Finally, get creative and use what you have around the house!
How To Make Your Own Paints From Household Supplies
If you’re stuck at home with limited supplies, you can still get creative and make your own paints. All you need is a little bit of know-how and some common household ingredients.
To make your own watercolors, you will need…
- A paintbrush
- Food coloring
- A cup or jar
- Fill a cup or jar with water.
- Add a few drops of the food coloring to the water and stir.
- Dip your paintbrush in the water and start painting on some paper.
- Experiment with different colors and combinations to create new shades.
To make your own Acrylic paints, you will need…
- A paintbrush
- Food coloring
- A bowl
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a 2:1 ratio in the bowl until there are no lumps.
- Then, add food coloring to the mixture until you get your desired color.
- Now you can start painting with your new homemade acrylic paint!
Make your own Tempera paints, you will need…
- A paintbrush
- Food coloring
- A bowl
- Mix the flour, salt, and water together in a bowl to make a paste.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the paste and stir until completely mixed.
- Dip your paintbrush in the paste and start painting!
Tips On Shopping At Michaels
Here are a few tips to make your shopping experience at the craft store even better:
- The store offers a loyalty program called the “Michaels Rewards Program.” This is free to join and gives you exclusive coupons, deals, and discounts.
- You can also sign up for their email list to receive coupons and deals straight to your inbox.
- Michaels offers a price match guarantee. So, if you find an item at a lower price at another store, they will match it.
- They also have a clearance section where you can find deeply discounted items.
- Be sure to use coupons! You can find coupons online, in the weekly ad, and in the store itself.
Read more: $50,000 a Year Is How Much an Hour?
Arts And Crafts Store Retail Jobs!
Michaels is a well-known store for the creative, so why not apply for a job by using our in-depth guide to the Michaels Application, and to prepare, check out the most common Michaels Interview Questions. Or perhaps you might want to find out How Old Do You Have to Be To Work At Michaels, as well as How Much Does Michaels Pay for your salary and working hours.
Similarly, we also have our guides to the Hobby Lobby Application, including How Much Does Hobby Lobby Pay, as well as the A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts Application, the Jo-Ann Fabrics Application Online, and even the Build A Bear Application as a few alternative options.
For some career guidance, I recommend checking out How To Become A Fashion Designer, along with our Fashion Designer Job Description, or how about our Seamstress Job Description, or How To Become A Virtual Stylist, and finally, get started by trying out a few of Hobby Lobby Sewing Classes in 2023!
What Time Does Michaels Close-Open? – Final Thoughts
Whether you are a seasoned crafter or just getting started, Michaels is a wonderful place to shop for all your crafting needs.
With everything from paints to paper, you’re sure to find whatever you need. Plus, with their loyalty program and coupons, you can save a lot of money on your purchases. So next time you’re looking for a crafting store, be sure to check it out, especially now that you know what time Michaels opens!
So, Happy Shopping At Michaels for your crafts!