This is a question that has puzzling people for years: Where are condoms in Walmart?
Some believe that the retail giant is purposely hiding them from customers, while others think that they just are not prominently displayed.
So, what is the deal? Let us take a closer look…
- What Are Condoms?
- Can You Buy Condoms In Walmart?
- Using The Walmart App To Find Items
- What Other Contraceptives Can You Buy At Walmart?
- Is It Embarrassing To Buy Condoms?
- Too Embarrassed To Buy In-Store?
- Where Are Condoms In Walmart? – Final Thoughts
What Are Condoms?
Condoms are a type of barrier method contraceptive. In addition to preventing unwanted pregnancy, they can help to protect users against STDs. They are typically made from latex, polyurethane, or polyisoprene.
In comparison to other contraceptive methods, condoms are recommended due to:
- No medical side effects from using them.
- No advance preparation is required, so they are suitable for unplanned sex.
- They are 98% effective at stopping unwanted pregnancy.
- They are one of the only methods that can prevent STDs.
Can You Buy Condoms In Walmart?
The answer is yes; you can buy condoms at Walmart. However, they are not always easy to find. There are also no age restrictions on buying them, and the store sells them in packs of three or more.
What Brands are available?
Trojan, Durex, Lifestyles, Skyn, and Rough Rider are just some of the brands available. There are many different varieties available depending on your needs, and as always, Walmart offers a competitive price point. The lowest-priced are Trojan Sensitivity Bareskin Lubricated, Latex Condoms 3 pack at $3.94 up to $31.06 for Trojan ENZ Lubricated Condom 93950 Box of 36.
Where Are Condoms in Walmart?
Because condoms are not a highly advertised item in the superstore, they can be tricky to find. They are typically located in the family planning aisle near other items such as pregnancy tests and lube. However, this can vary from store to store. You can also have a look at the men’s health aisle.
If you are having difficulty finding the condoms, you can always ask a member of staff for help or use the store’s app to find them.
Using The Walmart App To Find Items
If you are a bit too embarrassed to ask a staff member for help or if you are in a bit of a hurry, the Walmart app can come to your rescue. You can use the app to find items in the store quickly and easily.
- Open the store’s app and sign in or create an account.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Store Finder.”
- Enter your location and tap on the “Search” button.
- Select the store you want to shop at from the list of results.
- Once you have selected a store, tap on the “Products” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the department you want to shop in.
- Tap on the “Search” bar at the top of the screen and enter the name or keyword of the item you are looking for.
- Tap on the “Filter” button in the top right corner of the screen to filter your results by price, brand, or category.
- When you find the item you are looking for, tap on it to see more information about it, including the shelf location.
What Other Contraceptives Can You Buy At Walmart?
Other than condoms, the retail giant sells other contraceptives, including:
- Morning After Pill: This is a type of emergency contraception that can be used after unprotected sex to prevent pregnancy. It is available over the counter without a prescription for people over the age of 17.
- Oral Contraceptives: These are also known as birth control pills and can be used to prevent pregnancy. They are available over the counter without a prescription for people over the age of 18.
- Patch: The patch is a type of contraceptive that sticks to your skin and delivers hormones through your skin to prevent pregnancy.
- Contraceptive Gel: This is a type of contraception that is inserted into the vagina using an applicator. It works by creating a barrier of spermicide between the sperm and egg to prevent pregnancy.
You may have to go to the in-store pharmacy for some of these options.
Other Sexual Health Options
The superstore also sells other sexual health-related products such as lube, toys, books, and other novelty items.
Is It Embarrassing To Buy Condoms?
If you are worried about purchasing this essential health care item, do not worry; you are not alone! 56% of people are embarrassed to purchase condoms. Men find it 70% more embarrassing than women. Brands such as Trojan have taken this into account with their new “Trojan empowerment” campaign, which aims to make buying contraception less taboo.
However, by purchasing condoms, you are taking your own and your partner’s health into consideration. So, it should be less embarrassing and more empowering to buy them.
Cashiers have seen it all, don’t worry!
Additionally, store workers really do not care what you are buying! They have seen it all before. If you are still worried about purchasing sexual health products, you could consider purchasing them online or going to a small pharmacy where you do not know the staff or customers.
What Age Can You Buy Condoms?
There is no specific age limit for purchasing condoms in the US; however, the age of consent is between 16-18 years of age, depending on the state.
Read more: Does Dollar General Sell Condoms?
Too Embarrassed To Buy In-Store?
Not all of us are brave enough to walk down a store aisle with condoms in hand, and so online shopping comes to the rescue!
For the Lifestyles range, check out the Lifestyles Ultra Sensitive Condom – Lubricated Latex Condom- (Pack of 100), a pack of the 100 Lifestyles Snugger Fit Condoms; Tighter Shape for Maximum Sensitivity, and the LifeStyles ULTRA LUBRICATED Condoms – Also available in quantities of 12, 25, 50, 100, to cater to all your needs.
Next, we move on to the very well-known TROJAN brand; I recommend the Trojan Nirvana Collection Variety Pack Condoms – 24 count, the Trojan Ultra Thin Condoms For Ultra Sensitivity, 36 Count, 1 Pack, as well as the Trojan Ultra Ribbed Condoms For Ultra Stimulation, 36 Count, 1 Pack, and the TROJAN ENZ Condoms For Contraception Plus STI Protection, 36 Count, 1 Pack, just in case!
Lastly, for a bit of naughty fun, why not try the ONE Color Sensations: 100-Pack of Condoms, the Lifestyles Luscious Flavors: 100-Pack of Condoms, the ONE Flavor Waves: 100-Pack of Condoms, and the Ultimate Grab Bag of Condoms + Brass Lunamax Pocket Case, all available online in 2023.
Where Are Condoms In Walmart? – Final Thoughts
So, where can you find the condoms in Walmart?
You can find them in either the family planning aisle or the men’s health aisle. If you have any trouble finding them in-store, the website offers a handy locator tool that will help you locate the nearest store.
The superstore is a great place to start looking for most contraceptive methods as not only are they one of the most affordable places to buy them, but you can also find a variety of brands and types. Make sure to always have condoms on hand, not just for emergencies but for regular use as well. They are an essential part of taking your sexual health into your own hands.
Have fun but don’t forget to keep it safe!