Have you heard of Lifeproof flooring before – it’s a brand that’s been getting a lot of attention lately for its high-quality, durable products. So, you may be wondering, who makes Lifeproof flooring For Home Depot? What are their company values, and what is the flooring made from?
Well, look no further; I have you covered!
- The Makers Of Lifeproof Flooring
- What Is Lifeproof Flooring Made From?
- What Other Brands Are Similar To Lifeproof Flooring?
- What Lifeproof Products Are Available In Home Depot?
- What Are The Pros And Cons Of Lifeproof Flooring?
- More Shopping Info On Home Depot!
- Who Makes Lifeproof Flooring for Home Depot – Final Thoughts
The Makers Of Lifeproof Flooring
Lifeproof flooring is actually made by a company called Halstead New England Industries. It is a family-owned and operated business that has been in the flooring industry for over 50 years. They are based in New Hampshire, and all of their products are made in the USA. Halstead is committed to providing quality products and excellent customer service.
The company was started in 1967 by Bob Halstead. He started the business with just two staff members and a small workshop. Today, Halstead has over 200 employees and is one of the leading manufacturers of hardwood floors in the USA.
What Is Lifeproof Flooring Made From?
There are a variety of materials used in the construction of the famous flooring, depending on the type of product you choose. The company offers both laminate and vinyl flooring, as well as a new waterproof luxury vinyl tile.
- The laminate flooring is created from multiple layers of tough synthetic material that are bonded together with a resin. This makes the flooring extremely durable and resistant to scratches, dents, and stains.
- The vinyl flooring is made from a single layer of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) that is infused with color throughout. This makes the vinyl more hard-wearing and resilient to fading than traditional vinyl flooring.
- The luxury vinyl tile is constructed from multiple layers of PVC that are fused together with heat and pressure. This is different from the traditional vinyl flooring, which is made from a single layer of PVC. The luxury vinyl tile is sturdy and impervious to water and stains.
- ISOCORE is the company’s manufactured material. It is a vinyl composition core (VCC) that is made from multiple layers of PVC that are bonded together.
What Are the Company Values of Lifeproof Flooring?
The company who makes Lifeproof Flooring for Home Depot, Halstead, is committed to providing products that are both beautiful and durable. They use innovative technologies to create flooring products that are easy to install and maintain.
Halstead is also committed to being a responsible company. They have a long history of supporting environmental initiatives and are constantly looking for ways to reduce their impact on the environment.
Where is Lifeproof Flooring Based?
They are based in New Hampshire in the USA. All of their products are made in the USA. However, there have been rumors of the company looking to expand its manufacturing operations to China. However, these have not been confirmed by the company.
What Other Brands Are Similar To Lifeproof Flooring?
There are a few other brands that offer similar products to sturdy flooring. These include Pergo, Armstrong, and Shaw.
Similar brands include:
- Pergo is a Swedish company that offers laminate and vinyl flooring. Their products are similar to Lifeproof in terms of quality and durability.
- Armstrong is an American company that also manufactures a variety of flooring products, including laminate, vinyl, and luxury vinyl tile. They are known for their high-quality products and their wide range of colors and styles and have been around for 150 years!
- Shaw is an American company that started in 1946. Their flooring products include carpet, laminate, hardwood, and vinyl. They are one of the leading manufacturers of flooring in the USA. Shaw is known for their innovative products, like their Lifeguard waterproof carpet and their Floorte luxury vinyl tile.
What Lifeproof Products Are Available In Home Depot?
The flooring is available in both plank and sheet form and comes in a variety of colors and thicknesses to fit your style. Plank flooring is a good choice for larger rooms or areas with high traffic, as the individual boards can be replaced if they become damaged. Sheet flooring is ideal for smaller rooms or areas where you want a seamless look, as it comes in one large piece.
The company also offers a variety of moldings and trims to finish off your flooring project, including baseboards, quarter rounds, and T-moldings.
Does Lifeproof Flooring Have a Warranty?
All of the products made come with a 25-year warranty, so you can be confident in your purchase.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Lifeproof Flooring?
- Durable and resilient to scratches, dents, and stains: The flooring is made from multiple layers of material that are bonded together. This makes the flooring extremely hard-wearing.
- It is guaranteed 100% waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about spills or accidents.
- The flooring is simple to lay, so you can do it yourself and save some money.
- Available in a variety of colors, textures, and styles, so you can find the perfect look for your home.
- Comes with a 25-year warranty giving you peace of mind over your investment.
- It is Certified Low-VOC: which means it is a healthier choice for your home as it emits fewer toxins into the air.
- Maintenance is easy, just sweep or vacuum regularly and mop with warm water and mild soap when necessary.
- They can work with Radiant Heat which is a more efficient way to heat your home using underfloor heating.
- It does not need an underlay which can save you time and money on your installation.
- Not Environmentally Sustainable: The flooring is made from plastic, which is not biodegradable or recyclable.
- The surface of the flooring can be slippery, so it is not the best choice for areas where there is a lot of foot traffic.
- The 25-year warranty only applies to the first owner of the flooring, so if you sell your home, the new owners will not be covered.
- Commercial Warranty only Covers 5 Years, so if you are installing the flooring in a business, it will not be covered under the warranty for very long.
- The tabs that connect the pieces of flooring together are made from plastic and can be easily broken.
- Some colors and styles are limited and may not be available in the future.
- The flooring is not made to withstand the elements and should not be used outdoors.
Overall, despite the benefits of the flooring, it does not perform well in reviews and may not be the best choice for your home. It is important to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision to see if it is for you. Some of the features that are advertised are industry standards anyway. For example, most vinyl flooring is already waterproof, and textured finishings are found across the board.
More Shopping Info On Home Depot!
Next time you’re heading out, you might want to first check When Does Home Depot Restock, to make sure you get the best deals and products, as well as Does Home Depot Have A Senior Discount if you’re retired, and don’t forget about the amazing money-saving Home Depot 11% Rebate in 2023.
We all prefer a digital wallet in this day and age, so finding out Does Home Depot Take Apple Pay should be helpful. And just out of curiosity, you might have wondered, Who Is The Voice Of The Home Depot Commercials?
Working at Home Depot is another option if you’re on the hunt for a new job! So, take a look at our in-depth guide to the Home Depot Application, along with the most common Home Depot Interview Questions. You may also need to know How Much Does Home Depot Pay and the Home Depot Dress Code for some insight before moving forward.
Who Makes Lifeproof Flooring for Home Depot – Final Thoughts
So, we now know that Halstead New England Industries makes Home Depot’s Lifeproof Flooring, and it’s an impressive product.
However, while Lifeproof Flooring may have some features that make it stand out from the crowd, it is not necessarily the best choice. It is up to the consumer to make the final decision. But, if you are looking for durable, waterproof, and easy-to-install flooring, then it may be a good choice for you.
Enjoy your Lifeproof Flooring from Home Depot!