Winn-Dixie is an American supermarket chain bringing the best quality grocery to communities in Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama. The chain operates approximately 500 stores throughout southeast America. Winn-Dixie is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida.
Winn-Dixie is recognized for its private-label ‘Chek’ brand soft drinks, along with diet and also caffeine-free varieties, which are produced in over 20 diverse flavors.
Winn Dixie employs more than 45,000 people across its 500 stores. With many full-time and also part-time jobs to fill at each location, there are usually numerous employment opportunities available throughout the year.
- Facts about Working at Winn-Dixie
- How to Apply For a Job at Winn-Dixie?
- Positions Available at Winn-Dixie
- Winn-Dixie Employment Opportunities
- Employment Benefits
Facts about Working at Winn-Dixie
- Minimum Age to Work at Winn-Dixie: 16 years
- Winn Dixie Hours of Operation: Open every day: 7:00 am-12:00 am
- Available Positions at Winn-Dixie: Cashier, night stocker, clerk, department manager, customer service associate, department associate
How to Apply For a Job at Winn-Dixie?
Winn-Dixie Application Options Available
To apply for a job at Winn-Dixie, you can either submit an application online or also in person at its store.
1 Apply Online
Winn-Dixie has an online application system that allows interested candidates interested to apply for positions online. The official website also offers links for each type of available position. When clicked the appropriate link, you’ll be directed to an online form that allows you to apply for the type of job you want in your preferred location.
To begin the online process, visit Winn-Dixie’s official website career page. You can choose from the following types of jobs:
- Logistics / Distribution
Once you have chosen a job type, you are also asked your preferred location. To find a location, enter your zip code along with the number of miles you’re willing to travel to work in a store. The system will automatically pull up a list of Winn-Dixie stores within the radius you specified. Choose the store where you desire to work and also proceed with submitting your online application for that particular store.
You will also be asked to set up a user account to begin the process. Click the “New User” option and follow the provided instructions to create a new account. You will be asked to enter your user name, a password, and also a valid email address. Then provide two security questions and also their answers. This information is kept on records in case you forget your password or need to change it.
2 Upload Resume
Next, you have to upload a resume and a cover letter or fill out the online submission manually without a resume. You will be asked to enter your following personal details:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
You will also be asked details about your employment preferences such as:
- Full or part-time work
- How far you are willing to travel
- Rate of pay
- How you heard about the job
Other information asked to complete the online application includes:
- Work experience
- Education and certifications
It takes anywhere between 15 to 20 minutes to complete the online application form. You can also choose to save your information and come back to complete the application at a later time.
3 Apply In-Store
If you do not prefer to apply online, you can also apply by visiting your nearby local store and completing a Winn-Dixie employment application in person. Candidates need to fill in the same information for the online application as well as the in-store application. You can use the online store locator available on the official website of Winn-Dixie, to locate retail locations near you.
Positions Available at Winn-Dixie
Winn-Dixie has a wide range of positions available at its various locations. From retail to corporate, there are many positions to match your background and experience.
There are full-time and also part-time retail positions available at Winn-Dixie, from entry-level team positions to management positions.
Along with grocery, Winn-Dixie also operates pharmacies in its retail stores. The company has brilliant opportunities for licensed pharmacists to work in a variety of roles, including pharmacy manager positions and staff pharmacist. You can find open pharmacist positions on the company’s pharmacy career page.
If you’re interested to work at Winn-Dixie’s corporate headquarters in Florida, you can submit your resume via the company’s corporate careers page. You’ll need to provide details about your work experience and upload your resume. Various corporate positions are available in Finance, Human resources, IT, Legal, Logistics, Marketing, Merchandising, Training, etc.
Winn-Dixie Employment Opportunities
The following are the common types of positions usually available at Winn Dixie stores:
1 Customer Service Associates
- Customer service associates provide full-time assistance to customers and resolve any issues or queries.
- They also need to perform cashier and pricing duties sometimes.
- Starting pay rates vary between $8.00 and $9.00 per hour.
2 Department Associates
- Department associates work in any of the various divisions in Winn Dixie stores, including bakery, produce, and also seafood.
- The staff should offer appropriate product suggestions and also rotate the department stock to ensure freshness.
- Starting hourly wage varies between $8.00 and $9.00
3 Department Managers
- Department managers are responsible for associate training, customer service, inventory, sales, and also financials.
- They are also responsible for the daily operations of their departments.
- The salary package for Winn-Dixie department managers is around $30,000 annually.
Whether full-time or part-time, Winn-Dixie offers competitive wages and benefits to all its employees, regardless of salary or hourly basis. All eligible employees receive various benefits such as:
- Store Discounts
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Rewards card to save on purchases
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
A career at Winn-Dixie is great knowledge and can also give you a fulfilling career. It can take several weeks after applying for a job, to hear back from hiring managers. This is why hopeful candidates should keep their profiles active online.
This will also help them prepare for an interview call. Winn-Dixie generally conducts interviews by phone, by video, and in person. You should do all you can to grab this opportunity. Winn-Dixie also provides amazing opportunities for all its employees. You will be able to kickstart your career by working with this amazing store. You should also make sure you prepare well and you know how to answer the interview questions well.
- Top 20 Coca Cola Competitors & Alternatives
- Is Starbucks Closing Stores? (2023 Guide)
- Ashley Furniture Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- How Flexible Work Benefits Companies and Employees?
- Service Advisor Job Description
- FedEx Ground Application Online: Jobs & Career Info
- Why Applying to as Many Jobs as Possible can be a Mistake?
- Buyer Job Description
- Does Amazon Accept Sezzle? (The Ultimate Guide 2023)
- Five Below Interview Questions