As an X-Ray Technician, you have to perform x-rays for patients as per the guidance of the physician. You will be providing a proper diagnosis of illness with a completed report on the diseases and injuries. They have to be gentle while explaining the procedure to the clients and ensure that less radiation is used during the process.
- Job Description-X-Ray Technician
- Skills Required-X-Ray Technician
- Job Responsibilities – X-Ray Technician
- Job Requirements-X-Ray Technician
- Frequently Asked Questions
Job Description-X-Ray Technician
X-Ray technicians are required to be dedicated and skilled at their job. They have to take quality x-rays of the patients by using the minimum radiation possible to ensure safety precautions. You need to make sure that the output is clean and readable by the physician. The X-Ray Technician has to follow the doctor’s instructions to give x-rays of bones, soft tissues, or any other organ. Other responsibilities of an X-Ray Technician include monitoring the supplies for radiology, meeting staff, and taking training sessions to learn about new technologies and update on new things. You will also have to perform check-ups to ensure that the x-ray rooms are clean and tidy for a good customer experience.
A successful X-Ray Technician is compassionate towards clients and knows the right way to help patients move for a proper x-ray. You should act friendly to explain the procedure to the patients. So, you should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as there will be times when you have to multitask. Also, you need good communication skills and good report writing skills to excel at this job.
Skills Required-X-Ray Technician
You should acquire good analytical skills with good problem-solving skills to be able to do this job like a pro. Working as an X-Ray Technician requires you to have proper knowledge of the machinery and power settings to ensure radiation levels. You will be communicating with clients and providing reports to the doctor. You also require good writing skills for a detail-oriented report to ensure the proper flow of communication.
Job Responsibilities – X-Ray Technician
- You have to verify the tests and the patient’s identity before you begin the procedure for the x-ray.
- You will have to use the X-ray equipment to take a radiographic picture of the patient’s body parts as per the order of the written document from the doctor.
- Telling the patient about the process and answering questions if any
- Helping the patients to get them into the right position and also helping the patients with disabilities.
- Limiting the amount of radiation used in the test to ensure safety standards are maintained.
- Ensuring the readability and cleanliness of the X-ray to easily identify any cracks or disease for the physician.
- Maintaining a record of the tests performed in the lab for future considerations.
- Testing the e-ray equipment to ensure the service and change of damaged equipment
- Working and training with radiologists to learn the right way to perform tests.
Job Requirements-X-Ray Technician
- You need to have a bachelor’s in Radiologic Technology or any related field.
- You should have proven experience working as an x-ray technician.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification is required.
- state licensure to be eligible for the position of X-Ray Technician.
- Ability to help patients move
- You will be standing for most of your work hours.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills for detailed reports
- Strong attention to detail
Frequently Asked Questions
1 How to become an X-Ray Technician?
Ans. To become an X-Ray Technician, you have to sign up for a course in Radiologic Technology. You can also choose any related field that provides you with knowledge about radiology and its equipment. You should however be passionate about this job as this has the potential to be a long-term career. Candidates should read regarding the job role before applying for the same.
2 Where to apply for the position of an X-Ray Technician?
Ans. To apply for the job of an X-Ray Technician, you have to find websites that can help you contact employers. You can find many websites that work in your area with a quick search on Google.
3 What’s the role of an X-Ray Technician?
Ans. The role of an X-Ray Technician is to run the x-ray test for patients. You will also be helping people lift and move during the x-ray process. As a part of this job, you are required to take notes on the radiation level as you will be advised to use the minimum level of radiation during the process.
4 Is it necessary to have experience working as an X-Ray Technician?
Ans. Yes, you should have knowledge of the x-ray equipment as you will be working independently. You should have experience of at least 1 year to be able to excel at the job as an X-Ray Technician. You require a license and you can only get it when you have experience working with x-ray equipment with different centers.